How often have you watched a video on social media just because it caught your attention? That’s what a well-edited video will do to people who come across it. Presentation is very important, but you also need to make sure that your video catches the attention of the people who come across it.
The following are a few tips and tricks to get your video to look eye-catching and get more people to see it. Getting your videos the most number of views is very important as a video maker.
- Keep it moving: The most important thing to remember about an eye-catching video is keeping it in constant motion. This helps retain the viewer’s attention. Even if you are using static images, try to add some motion to make it more visually pleasing to watch. Once you do this, you will improve as a video maker and start creating more enjoyable videos. Many surveys have proved that people do not like it when a moving video stops to show static images. So use this tip to make your video more enjoyable to watch.
- Use multiple angles: Use different angles for the same footage to make the video more interesting to watch. Adding different angles gives the viewer a new viewpoint to take in the video and change the viewing experience. This makes the video interesting to watch and adds to the quality of the video by showing that you can make it way more interesting. You can only use just one alternative angle, but you are open to using as many as you can.
- Add words: Did you know that most online videos are watched without sound? Yes, most people keep their volume very low or muted when watching videos on social media. This is why you should have text in your videos. Even if people cannot hear what your video is saying, they will read it. This will help them understand better what you are trying to get across.
- Keep it relatable: Make sure your content is relatable. This is very important if you want better viewership on your video. Suppose your content can be related too. Use modern-day references and things that people will easily recognize. When you incorporate modern-day lingo or styles in your video, the engagement will be much higher than if you do not. This is mostly because people will relate to your video and understand what you are trying to put across.
- Keep an aspect ratio: Keeping a good aspect ratio is very important also. It is better for today’s social media to keep a square look to your videos, which will help you upload them to all your social media better. If you use any other video size, you might have some issues on some social media sites where you will not upload the video the way you want it to be. There will be prompts to crop your video or squeeze your video into a size that is better suited for the platform. This will result in the degradation of your video’s quality.
- Keep a constant speed: What new video makers do not realize is that you should keep a constant speed in your videos. If you do so, then it will be easier to understand by your viewers. When you have varying speeds of the clips in your video, it can easily become distracting. It can also make some people stop watching the video due to motion sickness. It can also become annoying and confusing when there are different speeds in your video. Always remember that consistency is the key.
- Hold the shot: When editing videos together, make sure that your clips are five to six seconds long. This will give your viewers ample time to absorb whatever it is that you are trying to convey. If your clips keep on changing too fast, people will not understand what is happening. This will not only make people dislike your video, but they also won’t be able to comprehend what was going on.
- Long takes are impressive: When filming a video, trying to make it a long take. This is very impressive to watch, and people are often amazed by what they see when it is one long take. Invest in a handheld device that can hold your camera steady while recording. This will ensure you have an impressive video to edit and look at.
- Brand the video immediately: The second the video starts, make sure to brand it. Statistics show that most people skip or stop watching a video on social media within the first 5 seconds. So, using this information, make sure that the brand you are promoting is visible with the first few seconds of your video. This way, people will know what brand the video is for. Then they can watch the rest of the video and see if they like the video.
If you are a video maker, these tips and tricks will help you improve your editing skills and gain your videos wider. This will help improve your standing on social media.